Tuesday 2 June 2009

Buttermilk Skies

It's a term that my Grandma uses when the clouds look a certain way.
It doesn't really have much to do with what I plan on sharing on this blog, other than the fact that it's an old term that people don't use much anymore, and I'd like to write about some good things of the past here that people don't seem to pay much attention to anymore as well. But really I just liked the way it sounded in its own weird, sweet, and funny way.

I hope that people can find some inspiration here, but I'm mostly doing it to inspire myself. I plan to make some posts about some books that I've found useful, write about some artists that I like as well as show examples of their work, and I'd also like to share my opinion on some things here and there too.

Some of the artwork I plan on sharing is from books that I own. I hope that isn't a problem. Every time I share something from a book though, I'll be sure and post a link to amazon.com or some other resource to purchase it. If anyone has a problem with it, please let me know. Hopefully it will become clear that my intention is to promote a particular book and get people interested in it.

I don't plan on having the comments option available on the posts, as I will be sharing some pretty straight forward opinions and I'd rather not get involved in a huge debate on a particular subject. So please take my opinion with a grain of salt as they say. I would also like to talk about some other things I'm interested in here that go beyond the realm of art, animation, film, ect. Hopefully it will all come together. Maybe it won't, but it's also an opportunity for me to become more succinct with my writing and to organize my thoughts better too.

Anyway, if you've made it this far, thank you for reading this and I hope that you'll find what I have to share at least interesting and hopefully useful.