Thursday 11 June 2009

Do yourself a favor and join Cartoon Retro!

I've been a member of Cartoon Retro for over 2 1/2 years, possibly longer, it's hard to remember. Shane Glines has been consistently updating and adding artwork to the site for a lot longer than that--he started it in 2004 I believe. It is definitely worth joining this site.

I made this teaser image of some of my favorite pieces of artwork you can find in there once you join, and there are hundreds more pieces like this inside. I hope Shane doesn't mind.


I have shown some friends and co-workers some of the amazing artwork Shane has archived there, and they are always blown away. But for some reason they still don't join up. I have a difficult time understanding this. It seems people will readily pay 50 dollars a year for X-Box live, but they find it difficult to pay the same amount to see thousands of pieces of incredible artwork on a site which is updated almost everyday. The site also has a $5.00 monthly option which will grant you access for a month to see if you like it, and if you don't, you can easily cancel. That's cheaper than the cost of most magazines these days.

Nobody has put me up to advertise this, I just think the site is really worth joining. I hope a lot more people become members and support it.